Mandy Marksteiner is a Direct Response Copywriter and Content Specialist
Mandy Marksteiner is an AWAI trained direct response copywriter who offers emails, sales letters, ebooks, blog posts and articles, case studies and white papers.
She opened her copywriting business in 2008 and has a broad range of experience writing for several markets, including financial, health, fine art, music, fine dining, wine, small business, entrepreneurship, crowdfunding, politics, non-profit fundraising, parenting, science and education.
Mandy’s training and experience as a writer
- Joined American Writers and Artists, Inc. in 2007, where she learned how to to write persuasively and to use words to sell.
- Opened her freelance copywriting business in 2008.
- Has a podcast called Monster Mice, where she interviews direct response professionals.
- Author of “How to Get Customers; and Entrepreneur’s Guide to Finding New Buyers”
- Writes a daily email newsletter called “Advertising Insights” and a weekly newsletter for trumpet players called “Trumpet High Notes.”
- Member of AWAI’s Circle of Success program since 2010 and attends their Bootcamp every year and has attended their B2B Copywriting Conference in Chicago where she received in depth training in lead generation copywriting from Bob Bly, White Paper writing form Gordon Graham, Case Study writing from Ed Gandia, Newsletter writing from Michael Katz and B2B Copywriting from Steve Slaunwhite.
- Member of the Albuquerque PowerCircle, and was a finalist for their 2017 Marketer of the Year Award and recipient of the 2016 Small Business Marketing PowerCircle Git-it-Done Superstar award.
- Published over a thousand articles in publications such as: Wealthy Web Writer, B2B Copywriting Success, The Los Alamos Daily Post, The Albuquerque Journal, New Mexico Magazine, Taos News, The Barefoot Writer, The Los Alamos Monitor, The Essence of Los Alamos, albuquerqueARTs, Iodine Poetry Magazine, Focus on Carlsbad, Local Flavor, and The Santa Fe New Mexican.
- Subscribes to Ben Settle’s “Email Players” newsletter.
- Earned her BA in English and music from Lawrence University, in Appleton, WI.
- She has five years of experience working as a freelance proofreader and editor for law firms, financial institutions, and publishing houses in New York.
- Lead creative writing groups at the Church of the Ascension in Manhattan and at the Boys and Girls Club in Fox Valley, WI.
- Learned about the publishing process while working as an intern at the Denise Marcil Literary Agency
- Took classes at the Gotham Writer’s Workshop.